LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LINX I2C Problem for communicating Raspberry to Arduino

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, I was trying to communicate Raspberry PI 3 with Arduino UNO via I2C using LINX 3.0. I want to send 40 byte length command to arduino and receive 16 byte data length from arduino almost in the same time (I know I2C is half duplex so I do it sequentially)

The problem is sometimes I get an error message either from LINX-I2Cwrite or LINX-I2Cread. I assume that this problem appears because the I2C bus is too busy to handle such a lot of data traffic. Any help would be very appreciated Smiley Happy

here is my VI snippet

VI snippet.jpg

is there any mistake with that? i have tried to change the delay time to 200ms and it works fine, but I need faster response (as fast as possible)

I'm using: 

Labview 2014f1

LINX 3.0

Rpi3 with Updated Rasbian

Arduino UNO

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,569 Views)

Hi FukiGasiahi,

Could yo uprovide a screenshot of the error you are seeing?

Also please provide some more information about when the error occurs. Is it reproduceable? If so, how?

Best Regards,

Mitchell Faltin

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,512 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author FukiGasashi

Hi mfaltin,

sorry i just reply it now, and thank you for your reply. I just figured it out. I only have to remove the error handling wire and everything just perfect. it seems there is a bug in the I2C error handling.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,381 Views)

LabVIEW MakerHub is a great place for questions on using the LINX library if you run into future problems. The forums for LabVIEW LINX are here: https://www.labviewmakerhub.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=12&sid=5716b2db6d5a65ab88c0f039e96827a3

R Dahlman
Applications Engineer
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,335 Views)