LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LINX 3.0 - LabVIEW for BeagleBone Black and Raspberry Pi 2/3

Hi Sammy, That's a great:)

I have tried to linx on beaglebone black, everything is ok 😉
I have a question, how can I find path of deployed executable program on Debian?

Best Regards...
Himmet GENCER
Software Development Coordinator at TDG
himmetgencer@gmail.com

View Himmet Gencer's profile on LinkedIn

View on Instagram
0 Kudos
Message 31 of 82
(3,840 Views)

I guess I wasn't fast enough 😄

For anyone that's interested Himmet's questions was answered on the MakerHub forums here.

0 Kudos
Message 32 of 82
(3,772 Views)

Thanks Sammy 😉

Himmet GENCER
Software Development Coordinator at TDG
himmetgencer@gmail.com

View Himmet Gencer's profile on LinkedIn

View on Instagram
0 Kudos
Message 33 of 82
(3,747 Views)

Hi,

Does the package support remote front panels and TCP modbus?

Thanks

Thomas

0 Kudos
Message 34 of 82
(3,644 Views)

I don't think remote front  panels are supported (I'll have to check but I assume the depend on the system web server which is not currently included).

We've had a couple quesitons about modbus on the MakerHub forums.    TCP prims are supported and I assume TCP modbus is built on that so my guess is it will work.  I think someone got Serial Modbus working using VISA.

Out of curitisity, what modbus devices are you planning on using with the Pi?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 35 of 82
(3,600 Views)

Hi Sammy,

I want to read out the data of the inverter of my photovoltaics. With that data I want to control my heating.

Best regards,

Thomas

0 Kudos
Message 36 of 82
(3,570 Views)

Ahh makes sense.  I've never had a reason to use modbus and was curious what people used it for in hobby project.  Home power monitoring / automation makes sense.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 37 of 82
(3,566 Views)

Sammy, Thanks for the Posting.

I have a few queries.

I am trying to come to terms with what the differences are between Pre-emtive multi tascking and non-deterministic.

I have 2 parts to my application and am looking to see if this is suitable.

Part A: Handles serial traffic which is buffered by a high priority thread and post processed by a series of lower priority threads - the clasical "Producer consumer" archtecture.

My processing isn't especialy time critical but thread priority is a crucial part of my application - Is this supported?

Part B: I am looking to replace an 8-bit embedded microprocessor.

It's key feature is the ability to react to hardware interrupts.

It uses an SPI ADC (Conversion complete flag) and polls Digital input signals ( at ~ 3khz triggered by a hardware timer.

Does Labview/RASpi Combination offer functions that can support this

Other question:

Assuming that this product is suitable, can I use it in a commercial environment?

We currently are on a developer suite subscription.

Our ideal product would be a SOM sbRIO-9651 but I have to purchase 1,000 of them

The Raspi looks like a good middle ground.

iTm - Senior Systems Engineer
uses: LABVIEW 2012 SP1 x86 on Windows 7 x64. cFP, cRIO, PXI-RT
0 Kudos
Message 38 of 82
(3,382 Views)

Hi,

You may want to create a new thread on the LabVIEW MakerHub forums for these questions. That way the folks with the relevant Raspi experience will see it.

For part A of your application you could set the priority of different timed loops however there wouldn’t be as much of a guarantee of that priority execution without the RT OS of a SOM.

As for part B, your signal would have to be read on the GPIO pins and processed in software with the Raspi. Whether this will work or not depends on how quickly you need the response. If you wanted a faster response then the SOM may be a better option. You could program the FPGA on that device to react to your hardware interrupts without having to process things in software.

Also, either the Raspi or SOM could be used commercially. The SOM is designed to be a OEM device.

0 Kudos
Message 39 of 82
(3,335 Views)

Will, is that a change in NI policy that LINX 3.0 can now be used commercially on the Raspberry Pi? The situation a few months ago (see upthread) was that it was specifically only for home/student use.

0 Kudos
Message 40 of 82
(3,310 Views)