LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LED drivers

Hello everyone I'm new at LabView i have taken a class At Penn State University and im in Electrical Engieering at Penn state, I'm about to start my senior project in about one year, but i would like to get ready now.

My project will need LED drivers for about 40 different LED's. Does anyone know of any good LED drivers that will work in LabView, ??

I will be useing a MY Rio to talk to the LED driver. 

Thanks,
Joe

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,482 Views)

I don't know much about the myRIO, but it looks like it has 40 DIO lines, so I assume you will either control something with these (in which case you only need something with digital inputs) or probably you can just hook the LEDs up directly to the digital output lines with appropriate resistors.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,475 Views)

@Joseph.Vitale wrote:

Hello everyone I'm new at LabView i have taken a class At Penn State University and im in Electrical Engieering at Penn state, I'm about to start my senior project in about one year, but i would like to get ready now.

My project will need LED drivers for about 40 different LED's. Does anyone know of any good LED drivers that will work in LabView, ??

I will be useing a MY Rio to talk to the LED driver. 

Thanks,
Joe

what are your specifications?

•  40 different LED's...does not tell me anything specific about the part, this could be doughnuts as far as I can tell?
  •  LED drivers...again,"non specific" ...what is your current(Amp) requirements?
  • what are your input/output requirements

this is an empty black box project....

atleast I know one thing specific, your using a RIO?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,461 Views)
This is probably more than you are looking for but as it is based on myrio and led drivers it is worth a look
https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-35435
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,436 Views)
Well Apok im just starting the project now, so im not sure with all of the requirements right now, i need to see what i can work with before i can decided what to go for.

And i want to make my own LED's PCD boards and right now im creating them now.

I guess I will come back to this question after im done making the PCD for the LED's.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,425 Views)