LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LED array digital out

Hello all,

I'm trying to use digital logic to create a timer with two rows of ten LEDs. The first row of ten will be the first digit in the timer, and the second row of ten indicates the second digit. So far I have the code for a single row of ten LEDs (LED_digital_out.vi), and I'm trying to get it to two arrays in the SequentialLEDs.vi.

I am using an NI-6251 DAQ and would like this timer to be able to time down to 10's of microseconds using these LEDs. Can I please get some guidance on how to implement this in Labview?

Thanks

~Aaron 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,493 Views)

I apologize all the previous post contained the incorrect Labview program so it did not illustrate what I am trying to accomplish. Attached now is the correct Sequential LED program that should help illustrate my issue. Please any help is appreciated. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,458 Views)

Hi Asassoon, 

Here is a community example that shows how to write binary data to an LED array. You should be able to modify this for your application.

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-10586

You also may be able to refine your search for more detailed examples as well at our codebase at ni.com/code. 

-N

National Instruments
Staff Certification Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,417 Views)

Nathanael,

I may be wrong, but I am not sure implementing it like the example you attached will be able to achieve the time precision that I would like to achieve which is around 100 microseconds. Currently the digital logic is preallocated to memory before the start. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,409 Views)

Is this not the same issue you have already resolved over here?:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/digital-output-LED-microsecond-timer/m-p/2370922#M737903

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,388 Views)

Niquist,

No this will only work for 10 LEDs. I am not working with another row of 10 LEDs that correspond to the next digit in the timer. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,380 Views)