LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LED Array

Im new at using labView and i have a problem. 

Im trying to create a VI that searches the values of an input array of numbers of a specified value. If the specified value is found in the array the VI shpuld indicate that by turning on an LED and indicating the corresponding index of the array.

I would really appreciate if someone could help me with my issue.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,666 Views)

Sounds like homework.  Show us your attempt and we'll help you work through it...  Smiley Happy

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
Message 2 of 10
(3,658 Views)

This is what i have, but i dont think it rigth. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(3,615 Views)

Nope.  Not right.  You are just determining whether the value you are looking for is equal to the length of your array.

Try "Search 1D Array".

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(3,601 Views)

You're not using Search 1D Array Function, rather you're using Array Size function.

Try out attached code, Index of Element output of Search 1D Array Function is -1 if the element is not found in the input array.

I am not allergic to Kudos, in fact I love Kudos.

Make your LabVIEW experience more CONVENIENT.

Message 5 of 10
(3,597 Views)

@moderator1983 wrote:

Try out attached code,

It's generally better to guide them to the solution rather than giving them the answer to their homework.Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,594 Views)

@RavensFan wrote:

@moderator1983 wrote:

Try out attached code,

It's generally better to guide them to the solution rather than giving them the answer to their homework.Smiley Wink

I got it...!! Smiley Happy

I am not allergic to Kudos, in fact I love Kudos.

Make your LabVIEW experience more CONVENIENT.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(3,579 Views)

okay i found the search 1D array. Do i  just add a Equal to function to get to work?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,567 Views)

Yes you need an equal function.  Actually, you could also use <0 function to determine if the element was found or not.

If you read the help for Search 1D Array, you'll see that a value of -1 is returned when the element is not found.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(3,537 Views)

Thanks for the help i got the VI to work.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,506 Views)