LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LAbview 2014 Student Edition application wont start at all. Windows 8.1 OS

I recently downloaded the LabVIEW Student Edition and when I click on the application icon it wont do anything at all. I don't know how to solve this. Thanks for any info/ 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(3,121 Views)

Downloading is not enough. Did you also install it? Any errors?

What happens if you double-click the application icon?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(3,118 Views)

Yes, went through the installation. I declined hardware support and everything else looked fine, then I tried to double click and nothing. Been waiting for ten minutes and nothing, no errors or anything

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(3,116 Views)
What kind of antivirus/security software are you running?
Did you install in the default location?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(3,101 Views)

Yes, but I tried to move it to my desktop and i guess that it cant do that, moved it back to original location and it opened now. Thanks. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(3,096 Views)

What did you "move" to the desktop? The actual executable?

That sounds like a really bad idea...

You can easily pin it to the taskbar, start menu, or create a shortcut on the desktop.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(3,093 Views)

Yeah I moved the executable itself. That was indeed a bad idea. I created a shortcut. thank you for the help

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(3,089 Views)

Might be a good idea to read up on how (NOT) to use your operating system.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(3,085 Views)

Totally. I thought I had just created an icon, but it was the whole executable and it wasn't letting me open it. But now it works great. 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(3,081 Views)

@nsaa0426 wrote:

Totally. I thought I had just created an icon, but it was the whole executable and it wasn't letting me open it. But now it works great. 

I was hoping it was something like that.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(3,077 Views)