Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LABVIEW VISA ERRORS WITH ARDUINO

Solved!
Go to solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author vanashree

The reson why i was asking for termination character in sketch of arduino , because sketch should wait till the termination character reached and then perform some operation on data.

and the OP is not sending commands in a loop. He is just sending the command once so dkfire's comments about putting a wait should do the trick.

Message 21 of 26
(678 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author vanashree

It is absolutely essential to wait for a few seconds after the initializing the serial port because the Arduino's bootloader is waiting for a firmware updfate. After it times out, the Arduino reboots then starts whatever firmware you loaded. Until then, it is not listening to the serial port! There doesn't seem to be any buffering on the Arduino side so the message is lost. 

Have a look at how  LIFA initializes the port. 

JohnCS

Message 22 of 26
(655 Views)

1) 

n yep it is one way communication where labview sends and arduino recvs and then arduino according to the synatx sends the coeds and devices recv from arduino and act accordingly.

2) Neos termination character doesnt help but wait does

3) JohnCS wait helps yes it does. but LIFA_BASE is not desirable because while doing so labview becomes master n arduino slave and also those libraries which reduces the prog n arduino. so i wish to use labview visa only.

THANKS guys wait works..but i am using it in while loop...n it really works.. thanku..for ur help n guidance next is my digipot interfacing if i have a problem i will post..thanx bye bye 

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 26
(574 Views)

1) 

n yep it is one way communication where labview sends and arduino recvs and then arduino according to the synatx sends the coeds and devices recv from arduino and act accordingly.

2) Neos termination character doesnt help but wait does

3) JohnCS wait helps yes it does. but LIFA_BASE is not desirable because while doing so labview becomes master n arduino slave and also those libraries which reduces the prog n arduino. so i wish to use labview visa only.

THANKS guys wait works..but i am using it in while loop...n it really works.. thanku..for ur help n guidance next is my digipot interfacing if i have a problem i will post..thanx bye bye 

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 26
(583 Views)

thanks...stuff work well with visa flush or delay...termination character is not the matter....thanx for quick reply...i will try other stuffs n will post if find some difficulties...thanx a lot..

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 26
(621 Views)

Remember to close your other threads about this same problem.

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 26
(608 Views)