LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kollmorgen AKD communication with Labview Ethernet/IP drivers

Hey mindmaster54,

While you may continue to post on this thread I suggest you create a new post if you want more visibility.

Regards,

Michael Bilyk

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

Michael Bilyk
Former NI Software Engineer (IT)
0 Kudos
Message 51 of 59
(3,283 Views)

Does anybody have a 2015 labView version?

0 Kudos
Message 52 of 59
(3,160 Views)

Hello,

I have to set up a system that uses the following Kollmorgen components:

Servomotor AKM24D-ANBNR-00
Drive AKD-P00306-NBCC-E000

Motor (AKM13C-AKCNGD00)

I am interested in creating with LabVIEW an application to control the motor by sending a speed profile. I read that NI has very expensive software to communicate with these drives. So I want to use a solution with a PC and modbus (via ethernet cable) communication method.

The only code that works to communicate with the drive is attached. I can read the "588" parameter and get the position of the motor. I went through the parameter list and they have 1760 instructions but I have no idea which one can make it move (write) hence I have no way of sending motion profiles!!! Any suggestions?

PS. I cannot get the codes mentioned in this thread to work!

0 Kudos
Message 53 of 59
(3,083 Views)

anon,

Have you considered using NI SoftMotion Lite for your application? It depends on what your application is, but here is a comparison of SoftMotion and SoftMotion Lite. http://www.ni.com/product-documentation/9414/en/

SoftMotion Lite does not have to be activated and can be obtained by downloading the SoftMotion trial version, and letting the trial period expire. 

-Michael H

0 Kudos
Message 54 of 59
(3,054 Views)

Thank you for the reply!

Can I use the Softmotion lite without a cRIO?

My application is very simple so I only need to send a waveform pattern to the motor.

0 Kudos
Message 55 of 59
(3,041 Views)

anon,

Depending on the size of motor you need, you may be able to just use an Ethernet Integrated Stepper Motor:

http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/212821

0 Kudos
Message 56 of 59
(3,014 Views)

hi friend, how did you manage to communicate AKD kollmorgen with labview?

I would pass my email so you could help me make the communication of akd kollmorgen with labview I would appreciate it very much paul.r.15@hotmail.com

@JDavis644 escribió:

Thanks! I have looked into Modbus and the AKD drives do support this communication. I have since installed the Modbus library for Labview (http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/201711) and am going thru some of the tutorials. By going with Modbus, even though more simplistic, do you think I will be limited in communication/control options with my drive as compared to Ethernet/IP? Since both options (Modbus or Ethernet/IP) are going to be a learning curve for me, I would like to go with the best solution. Thanks for your time,

0 Kudos
Message 57 of 59
(2,595 Views)

Hey JPrendon,

This post is a little old, so I would go ahead and make a new forum post to get more visibility on your issue, and you could link to this post for reference.

Regards,

Timothy D.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
Message 58 of 59
(2,586 Views)

For those that want to use the Ethernet/IP add-on for LabVIEW (this is 2018), here is how:get.PNG
set.PNGThe Instance numbers come from Appendix B of AKD EtherNetIP Communications Manual EN REV 20H.pdf

0 Kudos
Message 59 of 59
(2,108 Views)