LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Known causes for Error Code 5: BD Heap

thanks for the information it allowed me to solve the same issue.

After some rewiring I lost the white triangle (linked tunnel) on the tunnel shown with the red circle.

I then got the 'Error Code 5: BD Heap' on saving the VI

Everything was OK after I relinked it. (see bottom picture)

linked tunnel bug.png

Is there a CAR for this?

thanks

Al

LV2015 32-bit with latest updates W7 Pro 64-bit

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 29
(2,506 Views)

The NI gurus are busy squashing this bug - CAR 222390

Message 22 of 29
(2,459 Views)

How can we find out the status of CAR 222390?

Certified LabVIEW Architect, Certified Professional Instructor
ALE Consultants

Introduction to LabVIEW FPGA for RF, Radar, and Electronic Warfare Applications
Message 23 of 29
(2,283 Views)

I have also just run into this error moments ago.  However, I do not think it has anything to do with linked tunnels in my case because I have none.  The solution for me was to just use the auto cleanup of the block diagram.  As stated previously it is just unfortunate that I now have to rearrange my diagram to 'clean it up'.

LV2017

Windows 7 Pro 64 bit

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 29
(2,081 Views)

I'm glad the clean up solution worked for you too! I still have no idea what caused it and it never occurred again for me!

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 29
(2,056 Views)

Yeah, I'm glad the auto cleanup solved it.  

If it helps for anyone in the future, here's what seems to have led to this.  I was making copies of copies of copies of block diagrams and creating new VI's based off of the same essential layout.  This would have been a good opportunity to wrap them into a common subVI, but for other reasons this was not really an option.  After creating about the 10th copy, this saving issue popped up.  I had basically one top level VI that would call these copies based on a case structure input.  Again, there were no linked tunnels.  The only thing that might 'link' them together is a common Enum TypeDef that they all shared.  In each VI copy, a different value was chosen for the enum.  And they had other slight differences internally after the copies were generated.  

Some of these VI's were generated using a "save as" function, while others I was copying the block diagrams from one vi to the other.  All of this occurred in a project that remained open for the whole process, so perhaps the environment got overloaded in some manner.  Anyhow, I don't know if these 'details' help, but I figured I would throw it out into the LabVIEW forum ether.

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 29
(2,051 Views)

I solved by doing:
- clean up
- save
- ctrl-z
- save

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 29
(1,544 Views)

In my case cleaning did not work. But I got the reason of my issue (I think there is multiple source of this error)

It was simply due to a "flotting arrow" When I have deleted a wire, the arrow from a label pointing to the wire have not been automatically deleted

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 29
(1,260 Views)

Thank you a lot! It was the same cause, in my case.

0 Kudos
Message 29 of 29
(1,162 Views)