LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Known causes for Error Code 5: BD Heap

@baal wrote:

OK, the problem solved. Just change the node, make sure it is not linked to any input tunnels.

No, the problem is not solved, at least not for NI. If linked input tunnels cause a crash, this needs to be investigated and fixed.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 29
(4,202 Views)

If you open the car wash vi and hit ctl-b. And then try to save it, it will end up showing the saving error.

To fix it, all I have to do is to remove the linked input.

Thanks

nan

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 29
(4,189 Views)

Hi nan,

I am trying to replicate your error on LabVIEW 2011 SP1 on Windows 7 64-bit.

I have opened your VI, pressed Ctl-B, and tried saving it, and I do not get an error.

Is there anything that I might have missed?

Regards,

Bogdan Buricea
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 29
(4,167 Views)

Hi, Bogdan,

You have exactly the same system with mine. You missed nothing.

But I have 2 things which might help you define the error.

First, instead of the hit ctl-B, if I delete certain wire (see the attached picture, that portion of wire is pointed out by red circle), and then try to save the vi, same error would pop out.

Second, the event structure in the producer loop came from an Event-state-machine. At first, I was trying to implement the vi with state-machine, then I realized it won't work for this sample CLD exam, then I switched to QSM. I cut the event-structure out, and pasted it into the producer loop. And the linked input tunnel was originally from the QSM.

Hope it helps.

nan

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 29
(4,161 Views)

I'm able to repeat the problem.  The attached vi has instructions on how I am able to duplicate the error.  If the left-side tunnel is deleted first, then the tunnel link connection is removed from the right-side tunnel and there will be no error.  Is anyone else able to reproduce the error with this vi?

Win7 64b, LV2011 SP1 32b

LinkedTunnelError.png

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 29
(4,041 Views)

I no longer get the error whether I use the file I uploaded or re-create the vi.  My co-worker also cannot replicate the error.  That specific LabVIEW session ended in error, so maybe that session was messed up.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 29
(4,018 Views)

Thanks goodness for old forum threads, I just had this issue.

My specifics.

LV2012 (32-bit)

Win7x64 (Version 6.1 (Build 7601: Service Pack 1))

I had deleted all the input tunnels and had a linked tunnel hanging out on the right hand side of a case structure.  (still in use, just his partner had been deleted)

After right click tunnel->Linked Input Tunnel->Clear ... life is good again.

Message 17 of 29
(3,938 Views)

You are absolutely right. Thanks. S. GUEDIRA

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 29
(3,744 Views)

THis is just to say another possible solution worth trying is to use the clean up selection tool.

I checked everything couldn't find any issues. But I had the error.

Used the clean up tool, then it saved. Unfortunately I now have to move everything back as I wanted...

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 29
(3,685 Views)

I found this error today and after reading this thread was able to lead myself to resolve the issue.

Problem:

I had a case statement with an input tunnel (error in line) that exited the case statement (as you would normally expect, not as case selector). To quicken the link-up process for all cases I used the Linked Input Tunnel >> Create & Wire Unwired Cases option.

Realising that I needed to stop any race conditions in my code I removed the error in lines (where they entered the case statement) to enter at a different position on the case statement block (for prettiness sake). 

In trying to save I received the same message, Error Code 5: BD Heap.

Resolution:

To resolve, I needed to re-link the 'Linked Input Tunnel' as I had previously done. This allows the selection of the entry point and thereby placing the white flag on tunnel entry and exit.

Is the problem solved now? 🙂

EDIT: LV2014, Win7 x32, Mac/Parallels

Message 20 of 29
(3,648 Views)