From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kikusui PCR500m via rs232

I have to control a kikusui pcr500m through labview via rs232 interface. Do you have a vi for this? Can you send me?

Thanks is advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,766 Views)
There is an unsupported driver for PCR500L. Just use Help> Find Instrument Drivers. Modify as necessary.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,741 Views)

I have the same problem with this as with the original driver. It uses the GBIP interface, not RS232.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,733 Views)
That is why I said to modify as necessary. I have not looked at the driver. If it uses VISA functions, you simply have to add code for initializing the serial port and using a termination character for writes and reads. You have the 34401 driver that comes with LabVIEW as a model. If it does not use VISA, then replacing the low level GPIB functions is the first step.

Other options include the Instrument Assistant. You could start from scratch with the Instrument Driver Wizard. A power supply is one of the simpler instruments to create a driver for. Lastly, hire someone to do the programming.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,729 Views)

If I recall correctly, (And I bet I do) The LabVIEW driver for that model is really really bad-bad-bad. It is not the best place to even start.

Go HERE

Download the IVI-C driver and use the import wizard to create the driver vis (Tools>>Import>>Shared Library (dll.))

I also submitted the appropriate feedback on the driver in the IDN.

Way back when (About the time dinosaurs roamed the earth and Putnam was voting on a name for "dirt") there were no LabVIEW instrument driver standards.  Most equipment suppliers have fixed this.  Kikusui has not.  Just remember to add the cost of you writing a decient driver for the device to the total cost of implementing the device when you price out your system.  That kikusui isn't really the most competitive supply for a 1 to few off solution.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,719 Views)