LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keypad: Values from array

Hello! Im pretty new to labview and wondering if anyone could help me out here.

I have a 4x4 keypad wired up to labview using the NI myDAQ.

My code has 2 parts so far, first is the 'scanner'. This scans the key pad drom presses and returns the value pressed as a string.

The second part is 'memory' This part puts the presses recorded in scanner and records them in an Array.

What im trying to get is a keypad to light a boolean LED when the correct 4 digit code is pressed in the keypad. I am hoping that someone will be able to understand what i have done and what i am trying to acheive here. I realise that they paths i have taken in getting to where the code is may not be the best but i have been learning as i go.

Thanks, Thomas

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,803 Views)

sorry i should add i am using labview 2011

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,797 Views)

so do you have an 8 digital lines you are reading from the Daq...with 4 as row positions and the other 4 as column positions. And you are reading 2 digital input arrays (rows and columns)? when nothing is pressed the arrays should read -1. what you want to do is concatinate the choosen letter to a shift register when both arrays are greater/equal to zero. once you have the 4 string length compare to the password...pass or fail and zero out the string shift register.

• you can find similar code by searching for CLD ATM sample exam solution, where keypad and password lookup are used. dat flow looks like an issue for you also, try the online tutorials to help you with design  Smiley Wink
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,763 Views)

Thanks for your help, ill be sure to try what you have suggested!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,739 Views)

as explained before...see if this makes sense to you?

Daq keypad ver2009.png

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,737 Views)

please explain the working  in detail of

this vi

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,433 Views)

20210625_153349.jpg

kindly explain  its working  in detail

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,430 Views)

@Khan1214 wrote:

kindly explain  its working  in detail

You posted in a 6 year old thread asking about a VI that does not work. Nothing to explain here.

Instead read the entire thread above for a discussion.

Also, please don't attach photographs of the monitor. Totally useless and wasteful.

If you want to solve a certain problem, start a new thread and explain what you want to do, what you tried, and what the problem is. Attach your VI, not photographs! There are also plenty of learning resources listed at the top of the forum.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,371 Views)