LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keithley 27XX Error 170, 101

Hello,

I work with Keithley Libraries 27XX. We have to connect the list with channels, like string separate by comma (like in 1LV attacment. I mean we have to chose string constant from palete, and type manually), but if I connect like indicator, there is a error (170 and 101, 2LV). I suspect, it can be problem with strings formats. If I would copy from indicator, and would paste to constant, It would be no problems. Do You have any ideas? Thanks in advance. 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,077 Views)

Hi hepko,

as long as you only show images instead of real code you need to debug your code on your own.

I would start at the place where the (offending) command is send to your Keithley device!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,072 Views)

It looks like you are sending an invalid command and/or using invalid characters. You need to read the manual and use the correct command syntax. Without seeing your code, there is nothing else I can do for you.

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,055 Views)

The 2700 accepts various channel lists with different syntax, Range uses ":", individual channels use "," like shown.  Without your code its impossible to tell if you plugged your string into something that is expecting a range or list of individual channels.

Also look at the termination characters you are sending (LF, CRLF, etc..) and if your string has a space at the end.  Use code display in the string to see if it ends in "\s".

If you post sample code, more help can be provided.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,016 Views)

I collect avalible channels (1-40) from loop, then, I am saving 2 types of data to 2 buffors (voltage and temperature).  After simple code execution, I have a channel list (for example 101,102,103), but if I would connect, there will be an error. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,004 Views)

Hi filip,

please attach your VI with a typical set of data!

Your image shows code which seems overly complicated for this task…

(Why do you use a format string of "%g" for strings?)

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,001 Views)

@hepko.filip wrote:

I collect avalible channels (1-40) from loop, then, I am saving 2 types of data to 2 buffors (voltage and temperature).  After simple code execution, I have a channel list (for example 101,102,103), but if I would connect, there will be an error. 

You are doing some very useless operations in your code. The for loops are useless and using an empty string constant as a separator for the Array to Spreadsheet string vi might not give you the expected result as it is inserting a space character instead as a separator. Feed your channels array directly to the Array To Spreadsheet String vi, use a comma as separator (and %s as format) and use the Trim Whitespace vi at the output to remove the carriage return added by the Array To Spreadsheet String vi.

Ben64

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,977 Views)