From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keithley 2636A Labview FET Sweep

Hi Guys,

I am trying to write a labview program to interface with my 2636A meter via ethernet. This is a 2 channel meter, and my plan is to sweep one channel from 0 to 5 volts and measure the voltage it is sourcing, while the other channel is swept from 100mV to 100mV (so no change in voltaage) and measure the current coming through. I used the Keithley example with the the driver to make the program. The issue I am having is with the sync between Channel A and CHannel B, it seems one channel is running faster than the other even though there is no delay (in theory). I am new to labview but ahve some basic understanding of programming any help/input will be appreciated.

Regards,

PD

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,389 Views)

Hi pal181,

In order to synchronize Channel A and B, you need to share a clock and a trigger.  This should minimize any delay you see.

Regards,

Joel I.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,318 Views)

Hi Joel,

In my current code how wud i approach to doing this ?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,309 Views)

I'm not too familiar with the VIs used in this driver, but there should be a way to share a clock/timer between the channels.  Take a look at the Advanced Sweep Example and see if you can gather anything more from how the manufacturer uses triggers.

If you don't see a way to do this, you may just want to add a delay to the channel that is going first.  From what I can see, you may be able to use the Config Measure Settings VI to do this

Regards,

Joel I.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,303 Views)