cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keep VI running when pop-up window is showing

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I place a button in my program that when I click it and the text meesage will pop up.

But when the window pops up, the main VI will freeze until I click the OK button of the pop-up window.

(in the uploaded example, when OK button is clicked, number will stop adding untill I click the OK button of pop-up window.)

Is there any way to keep the vi running when the pop-up window is showing?

thanks a lot!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,067 Views)

Button dialog will freeze the calling VI so its always better to develope a custom sub VI instead of using Button dialog

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(4,009 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author IanYuan

Hi,

Hope this link will answer your question. You need to develope your own pop up VI and launch it dynamically from your Main VI.

Message 3 of 8
(3,995 Views)

@Nanthakumar wrote:
You need to develope your own pop up VI and launch it dynamically from your Main VI.

why to call the sub vi dynamically, any reason for calling dynamically instead of just calling the POP UP sub VI same as dialog button used.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,986 Views)

PalanivelT wrote:

why to call the sub vi dynamically, any reason for calling dynamically instead of just calling the POP UP sub VI same as dialog button used.

OP was asking that "Is there any way to keep the vi running when the pop-up window is showing?". So it is required to call the subvi dynamically.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,974 Views)

How about running in parrallel POP UP in one Loop and Incrementing Values in another Loop.

Message 6 of 8
(3,955 Views)

@PalanivelThiruvenkadam wrote:

How about running in parrallel POP UP in one Loop and Incrementing Values in another Loop.

Running in parallel loops also a good optionSmiley Happy. Based on the requirement user can choose.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,943 Views)

Many thaks for Nanthakumar's link and Palanivel's answering!

I'll try to apply it in my program.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,883 Views)