From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JR2 Force Sensor and J. Norberto Pires VI's

Has anyone had any success getting J. Norberto Pires VI's to work along with the JR3 load sensor? I have been having alot of trouble trying to use them, specifically with getting numerous wiring errors, but he has write protected the sub VI's so I cannot see the problems. Thanks if anyone can help.

Ross Wilson
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(4,016 Views)
Hello Ross,

You may want to include a link to the VIs or attach them to this thread yourself.  How did the author of the VIs protect the subvis.  Was it a password protection or saving the vis without their block diagrams?

Steven T.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(4,001 Views)
The write protection on the VI's is password protected. Here is a link to the where they can be found.

http://robota.dem.uc.pt/jr3pci_v2005/

They are all contained in the zip file (where he says you can download all files here) within the folder titled LabView. There is a example shown in a screenshot for one of the links and a example VI in the download put together identically like the picture, but even that does not work.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(3,993 Views)

Ross,

Unfortunately we do not have the hardware here to test it.  However, it seems that his website is full of books about these types of applications.  His email is posted in the website as well.  Would it be possible to get this kind of detailed and application specific information from him? 

Steven T.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(3,978 Views)

The password to open the write-protected VIs is "norberto"

I found this out simply by guessing the password.

-joel

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(3,914 Views)

Hi,

It is very difficult to contact Prof. Pires. I have tried for 6 months till now and there is no reaction. I have send e-mails and fax...

Does anyone solved the problem of "error 97", which appears when the example written by Prof Pires is executed?

Marek.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(3,783 Views)
Error 97 indicates that a null refunum was passed in as an input.  I would suggest making sure all your error inputs and outputs are wired, and use execution highlighting to locate where the error is occurring.  Then make sure you have a valid reference being passed into the subVI.
Regards,

James R.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(3,761 Views)

I'm trying to get his base example program to work as well. When I try to use the VI, I get error -93 (pci card not found).  Is there a way to register the pci card with Labview.  The device manager shows that the card is there.  I tried registering the card under the tools/instrumentation/find instrument drivers path, but no luck.  I'm running windows xp with labview 2010.  Thank!

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(3,272 Views)

i have the same problem(error -93),if you had solved,can you share hoe to solve it. Ths~

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(3,110 Views)
This is a very old thread and you should start a new one with some details such as the card you are using and your code.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(3,091 Views)