From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with Producer consumer loop for triggered data acquisition

Hi,

I have multiple channel TC i/p and need to monitor it constantly but save the data only when triggered and for a defined specific time (e.g. 0.01 sec). And display the saved data in a chart. I'm having issues saving the data in a file and how to set up this triggered timer case structure. Attached is the VI.

P.S. I'm using a daq assistant to read a TTL wave for the digital trigger.

Thanks for your help!

Regards,

Rohit

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 16
(3,072 Views)

As far as the timing, you might want to look at the Elapsed Time Express VI.

For your logging loop, you can just wire the array of waveforms straight into the Write To Measurement File.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 16
(3,062 Views)

Thanks for the reply, the issue is that the Elapsed time express VI as to my knowledge does not have a external digital trigger starting of the timer.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 16
(3,051 Views)

No.  Of course not.

The Elapsed Time Express VI is a software based timer.

If you have an external digital trigger  (you just said "triggered" in your original message), you need to use DAQ functions to read the change in state and wire a True to the Reset input of the express VI.

Read your trigger and analog data continually.  Use the timing that is built into the acquired data to determine when the "trigger" occurred and then send out a fixed number of samples from your waveforms following that.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 16
(3,035 Views)

There are a few things strange about that.

20kHz Sample Rate? How fast do you think Temperature actually changes? the Tjc of that system must be near super-thermal conductance. I doubt that is the case.

What is the hardware?  You may be able to time your acquisition to change detection of the DI channel.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 16
(3,032 Views)

I'm Sorry i did not understand, I'm using this software just from couple of weeks. Can you please explain?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 16
(3,018 Views)

it currently should have about 10Hz as sample rate, but in future i  need to use more than 100kHz/Ch

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 16
(3,017 Views)

What is your "external digital trigger" and how are you reading that?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 16
(3,013 Views)

I'm using a pulse generator to generate a 2.5-5V TTL

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 16
(3,006 Views)

@RohitMTU wrote:

I'm using a pulse generator to generate a 2.5-5V TTL

Try that one more time.  What model is the hardware?  The exact hardware models you have will tell us the device capabilities that are available.  Then we can give you better suggestions.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 16
(3,000 Views)