From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with Enabling ActiveX Control

Hello,

I am having issues enabling ActiveX control on some objects. They work in one VI but when I copied them to another VI I am getting errors saying the wire type is not supported in the current target. I know that these data types aren't the standard type, they are refnum and are set up through ActiveX, so I've tried (numerous times) to add ActiveX to the controls palette and enable it (as well as .NET). I have hit a brick wall and nothing is fixing this. Any input is greatly appreciated! I've attached a photo of the block diagram and the error messages.

(Note: this code is part of a VI to test sensors, and this portion is trying to connect to and retrieve data from our camera)

Thanks!blockdiagram.PNGerrormessages.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,080 Views)

Hello,

What target are you trying to run the second VI on?  ActiveX will only run in the Windows environment (i.e. under My Computer in the Project Tree).  Can you send a screenshot of your project tree?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jon F.
Technical Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,031 Views)