LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with Bluetooth Vi's on Motorola PDA

I have been developing some applications with the PDA module that make use of the bluetooth vi's for communicating with other devices.

At this point, I've been able to get my applications working on a Dell Axim X51v, but the same vi's do not work on a Motorola Symbol MC70.

Bluetooth RFCOMM Service Discovery, Bluetooth Open Connection, Bluetooth Read, ... all seem to work on the Axim but not the Motorola. On the Motorola, I can use the Bluetooth like a serial port, but I really need the Bluetooth vi's because I need to specify my target devices by bluetooth address programmatically for my application (e.g. for my program I want to choose which device I'm communicating with - and choosing it within the program, on the fly, is important).

I've put the proper dlls on the Motorola (they seem to have appeared in the program's directory before I ran the bluetooth setup, and I've tested using both old and new ones in the Windows directory). Any other ideas? The Motorola has a BTExplorer program (which actually creates a pop-up of sorts when it connects with the serial port method). It's not very helpful.

The Motorola has Windows Mobile 5.0 (OS 5.1.478)

The Axim has Windows Mobile 5.0 (OS 5.1.70)

Any other BT details I should be looking into. I've been doing some reading on BT, but I am not an expert yet.

Thanks for any help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,150 Views)

Hi Peter,

The Mobile Module supports Bluetooth communication on Mobile devices running Pocket PC 2003 or Windows Mobile 5.0 with the WIDCOMM Bluetooth DLLs version 1.4 or later or the Microsoft Bluetooth driver. You need to know what stack you are using on the Motorola device; I think the Dell Axim uses Microsoft's Bluetooth stack. Have a look at the following help document: Developing Bluetooth Mobile Applications (Mobile Module)

Adnan Zafar
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Coleman Technologies
Message 2 of 4
(3,139 Views)

I am curious to know if you ever found a solution to this problem?

I have recently started using a Motorola MC9090 mobile computer with Windows Mobile 5, and have the same problem with the Bluetooth: vi's that previously worked on a Motorola MC9060 mobile computer with Windows Mobile 2003 do not work with the newer version. Both mobile computers seem to use Microsoft Bluetooth driver stack.

Have any other users had similar problems, or (hopefully) found a solution?

Mark

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,931 Views)

To answer my own question, in case anyone else has simular problems, it seems that not all Symbol mobile computers are compatible with the Microsoft Bluetooth driver stack.

They are not compabile with WidComm stack, and depending on operating system are either Microsoft or Stonestreet One compatible.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,874 Views)