LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues while deploying to FP2000

Hi All,

I am new to labview world, and need your help to resolve some of the issues which i am facing right now.

One of the computers on which we are running exe for Fp2000 broke down.So i am trying to deploy  .exe file on another computer, and having some issues while doing that.

Below is the process I followed in order to deploy exe.

1. I installed Labview Runtime 8.2.1, and then upgraded it to Labview Runtime 8.6.1 ( our old PC had both these versions on it)

2. I installed fieldpoint 5.0.0116, and it automatically installed Max 4.0.0.3010

3. Then i imported .iak file, by right click on Fieldpoint items and click on open and direct to .iak file and click on ok

After this I see different I/O's under Data Neighborhood in MAX

4. Underneath Remote system I see my device, and status appears to be Connected-Running.

Everything looks good so far.  But when i try to open my exe file, i get error message " Error connecting to Hardware"

I am able to ping device iP address. I believe MAX is able to communicate to device otherwsie it would havent shown status as connected- running.

There seems to be no hardware issues as when i connect ethernet cable on other computer, program works fine. There is no conflict of IP address as we use only one computer at a time but we have multiple computers with the program just as a backup. firewall is disabled too.

Did i miss anything specific during installation ? or Did i install software in wrong order.

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Thank you.  

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,991 Views)

I looked up what FP2000 means, and found there are a number of devices, including one from NI that is described as "obsolete".  Without understanding the Question, it is difficult to provide useful help.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,947 Views)

How did you install the exe?  Do you have source code for us to look at?  is there a "ReadMe" file for the exe?  Is there any documentation for the exe that lists dependancies?

Worts case scenario is none of those things exist.  but look for any of them anyway and remeber to document installation qualification "IQ" procedures in the future and require them as deliverables for developers.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,937 Views)

In MAX, under My System -> Data Neighborhood -> FieldPoint Items you should see a folder for your FieldPoint.  The default name for that folder is "FP @ x_x_x_x", where the x's represent the IP address of the FieldPoint, but it can be named something else.

If your application depends on talking directly to the FP hardware (not using TCP/IP etc. to connect to an RT application on the FP), then my guess is that the name of that folder is incorrect.  Hopefully the application was coded with the default, otherwise we probably won't figure out the name without documentation.

Do the other computers in your lab that are configured to work with this FP unit still work?  Was the .iak file from one of those functioning computers? 

What is the name of that folder?

Has the IP address of the FP unit been changed since the failure?

Matt

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,902 Views)

In Max -> Data Neighborhood-> fieldpoint items , i see FP@169_254_30_2. But the IP address of the Fieldpoint is 10.0.0.2.

The other computer works fine, and have same name for the folder and IP address. I took .iak file from the functioning computer.

I didnt change IP address of FP unit. Probably that's the reason its still working with other computer.

I dont have any documentation to refer. I just saw software present on the working PC, and installed same version on the new PC( which is not working).

After installing MAX, i imported .iak file by right click on Fieldpoint Items-> Open . Is this the correct way to import .iak file ? 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,872 Views)

Hi ineroh,

How is your PC connected to the Fieldpoint?

The name FP@169_254_30_2 implies that at one point this was link-local.

But now the address looks to be DHCP assigned (10.0.0.2).

Have you checked to make sure you're on the same subnet?

Andrew T.
"His job is to shed light, and not to master" - Robert Hunter
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,868 Views)

PC is on same subnet. As the device address is 10.0.0.2 255.255.0.0, and PC address is 10.0.0.1 255.255.0.0

Since the system is pretty old, my assumption is that it had 169.254.30.2 when it got installed initially and later it got changed to 10.0.0.2. As nothing is documented I dont know what has happened in past. 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,856 Views)

Does the new PC have multiple network interfaces or have IPV6 enabled?  Either can confuse LV of that vintage.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,846 Views)