LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with installing NI-TimeSync

I have a Windows 7 host machine connected to a cRIO-9025 controller, which had NI-TimeSync 1.1.5 on it. I have used NI-MAX to remove that TimeSync utility from the cRIO, and also uninstalled it from my host machine. I have then installed NI-TimeSync 1.2.0 on my host machine and re-booted, but I do not see it show up on my list of available software for installing on a cRIO. Instead, all I get is a grayed-out NI-TimeSync 1.1.5, and the message "You cannot select NI-TimeSync 1.1.5 because only a newer version (1.2.0) is installed on your host.

So, clearly NI-TimeSync 1.2.0 is present, but why aren't I allowed to installed it on my cRIO?

We are using this older NI-TimeSync 1.2.0 for legacy reasons. However, I do have the up-to-date drivers, DAQmx, and VISA (Aug 2014). I did try NI-TimeSync 14, but I wasn't allowed to install that either.

Any ideas about what may be happening?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,308 Views)

Hi Chris,

It sounds like you have been using a recommended software set (RSS) to install software to you cRIO-9025.  NI-TimeSync 1.2.0 is not part of any RSS.  To install this version NI-TimeSync,

1. Open the LabVIEW Real-Time Software Wizard by clicking on Add/Remove Software in MAX
  2. Select Custom software installation and click Next
  3. Click Yes on the following prompt
  4. Select to install NI-TimeSync and click Next
  5. Follow the directions in the wizard to complete the installation

Hope this helps,

-Tyler

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,291 Views)