LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with export simplified image .eps in LV 2012 Mac OSX

After exporting a graph as a .eps simplified image in LabView 2012 Mac OSX, I am unable to open the file and convert it to a PDF.  However, when I do the exact same thing using LabView 2010 for Mac OSX, I have no problem opening the .eps file.  Likewise, if I do the same thing (export graph as .eps simplified image) using LabView 2011 for Windows, I can succesfully open the file on my Mac using Preview.  I'm guessing there must be something wrong with the LV 2012 Mac OSX version of export simplified image.  Has anyone else had this problem?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(3,798 Views)

Same issue here with LV 2012 on Windows. Works fine under LV 2011. Seems to be a bug in LV 2012.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(3,675 Views)

On Windows LabVIEW 2012 all the EPS files I have exported are appear to be blank. Wish I had a nice fix for this.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(3,631 Views)

I was able to recreate the same situation that you all have mentioned here. LabVIEW 2011 allows me to export a usable .eps file, but 2012 and 2013 both result in one that appears corrupted when you try and access it. The file has data, but it's possible there's some header information within the file that is inserted incorrectly. I'll take a look at why this could be and post back if I find anything useful.

Thanks, 

Ryan

Ryan P.
CLA
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(3,615 Views)

I have this issue using Windows 7 and LabVIEW 2013, that is, using the Invoke Node, Export Image, for a Wavefrom graph. All of my eps files were corrupted that I tried to export.

I do not know whether this is the case for you, but for me the following fix worked:

1.) My corrupted eps files have the command polyLine32 in it. This is the offending command. It should be replaced with just polyLine.

2.) Once I did this I was able to open my eps files in Adobe, Ghostscript, and Apple Preview without any errors.

I used LabVIEW to fix the corrupted file, see the following snippet.

FixEPS.png

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

mcduff

Message 5 of 11
(3,593 Views)

I'm happy to see that this is getting attention from NI and other users. Unfortunately neither workaround fixed the files for me: some don't have "polyLine32" at all and the others were not fixed from changing it to "polyLine".

However, since this workaroud was effective for other people it certainly seems to suggest that LabVIEW is using incorrect commands resulting in 'corrupt' EPS files. If I have time I will try to figure out what/if commands are causing my EPS files problems.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(3,540 Views)

I was having the same issue with exporting .eps files. They could not be opened after saving always throwing a postscipt error. I tried the change from polyLine32 to polyLine and that worked for me. Many thanks!

Running LabVIEW 2013 on Mac OSX 10.8

-- Harold

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(3,503 Views)

Same issue seen with LV 2013 and MacOS X 10.9.

A shame that this bug was not "cured" in the current LV version.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(3,457 Views)

I'm also having the same issue with labView 2013 and windows seven. Is there any update/SP coming to fix this?

The "polyline32 trick" doesn't work for me as well.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(3,326 Views)

I am coming across this problem for the second time.  When I use the invoke node to save the image of a graph in eps form, I can't open the resulting file.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(3,185 Views)