cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with Deployment on Real-time Target

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello all,

I am currently running Labview 2014 and I am having an issue with deploying an actor with in the development environment on the target.  I have an application in which I launch a single root actor (I am using the Actor Framework) which in turn lauchnes two instances of the same actor.  The problem I am having is that when I make a change to a VI, the VI that is deployed for running doesn't not seem to reflect any changes that I have made.  I noticed this initially while using the Monitor Actor - I decided that I didn't want to use this any more and removed the monitored actor from the hiearchy of my actors.  However, when I deployed and ran the new software set, the Monitored Actor was still present.  I could not seem to get this to go away until I finally uninstalled the Monitored Actor from my system.  I am not sure that this is related to the Actor Framework or if it some weird quirk in 2014.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Cheers, Matt

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,837 Views)

Hi mtat76,

This sounds very strange and also as though it may not be related to the actor framework specifically.  One of the clues is that uninstalling the Monitored Actor seemed to solve the issue.  

The VI is being called dynamically when you upload it, so I would double check that it is in fact running the VI you are calling - if you "saved as" instead of just saving the VI it could be calling the wrong one.  It really seems like this could be more in the way it is being deployed and run.  I'm not really sure how to diagnose this further with the information at hand.

Julian R.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,784 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author cirrusio

Thanks, Julian.  As with many actor framework projects that I start (where I inevitably swear them off forever), this was user error.  The problem was an invoke node that was not supported in the RT environment.  This was causing the actors to launch as the parent rather than the children so it appeared as if the developed code was not being deployed.  Cheers, Matt

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,759 Views)