From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue in upgrade GPGA code from 8.6 to 2013

Hi,

I have a LabVIEW FPGA project whcih is designed in 8.6. When I open it in 2013 I see some of the wires in the target VIs are broken while I can open it with no issue in 8.6

Also when I try to compile the code I get 61055 internal error

Coudl you please let me knwo what shoudl I change to use 8.6 FPGA code in 2013

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,281 Views)

@tintin_99 wrote:

Hi,

I have a LabVIEW FPGA project whcih is designed in 8.6. When I open it in 2013 I see some of the wires in the target VIs are broken while I can open it with no issue in 8.6

Also when I try to compile the code I get 61055 internal error

Coudl you please let me knwo what shoudl I change to use 8.6 FPGA code in 2013

Thanks

Fix the broken wires.  I know a lot changed between 8.6 and 2009 in the FPGA world, so I know there was some rework I had to do.  Just don't remember what it was.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,277 Views)

I use VHDL code as componenet level IP. For exampel I see some of the FPGA IO Nodes are grayed out so the wires are broken. Has the format of XML files changed?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,272 Views)

@tintin_99 wrote:

I use VHDL code as componenet level IP. For exampel I see some of the FPGA IO Nodes are grayed out so the wires are broken. Has the format of XML files changed?

No, the IP nodes files will need to be updated.  Go in to configure them and regenerate the code.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,262 Views)