LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue in connecting sub VI programs through the main program

Solved!
Go to solution

Can you please elaborate how to debug the code or checking of incorrect commands.

0 Kudos
Message 41 of 92
(917 Views)

Hi ymanglik,

NI provides good beginners tutorials for LabVIEW. They also explain how to debug VIs using probes, highlighting and single stepping.

Go through the tutorials to learn the basics. Then debug your VIs...

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 42 of 92
(914 Views)

Hello GerdW, thanks for your reply.

Actually I am totally new to labview programming so I am not able to understand how to check common codes/SCPI codes in the programming. Even I have go through the manual but still I didn't get any clue to solve this problem.

Can you please help me to understand how to do this???

0 Kudos
Message 43 of 92
(893 Views)

Hi ymanglik,

SCPI commands of your device are explained in the Programmer's manual of your device. Read it...

- Then you have to check that every command you send to the device conforms to that manual!

- To learn debugging you should do some practicing. Read the LabVIEW manuals and try out basic tasks with all those example VIs coming with LabVIEW!

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 44 of 92
(885 Views)

Hi,

I am using LabVIEW 2013, and a Keithley 2410 communicating through GPIB.

I made a simple program, sending a commando to the 2410 to source a given current, continuously.

Then at given time intervals, I want to read the current voltage for logging in a txt file. My Idea is to do this

simply by sending strings of commands to the Keithley 2410.but I have some trouble with this. On interfacing, it is giving one error:

Output Ërror code: 6 in GPIB write vi

I have attached the program. please check and tell how to remove the error.

urgentlly!!!

0 Kudos
Message 45 of 92
(865 Views)

Send the commands in a loop in the small test program so you can see which one causes problem.

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 46 of 92
(860 Views)

Actually I am new to labview so dont know how to create a test program.Can you please refer any example of test program like this?

0 Kudos
Message 47 of 92
(855 Views)

Just change your massive string in the simple program.vi (your test program) to an array of strings and loop through them. Either gather up the errors as an array so you can see which cause problems afterwards, or break on the first error.

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 48 of 92
(849 Views)

Hii dear all,

Can anyone tell me how to create a program in labview for keithley 2410 using DAQmx?? please suggest me some steps to complete this task in right direction.

urgentlly!!!

Thanks

Yachika

0 Kudos
Message 49 of 92
(816 Views)

Hi ymanglik,

you should have known by now that the Keithley is an external device which is control using VISA. You send some commands to the device and you can read it's answers.

All the commands are listed in the User Manual of the K2410. Read it…

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 50 of 92
(811 Views)