LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue in connecting sub VI programs through the main program

Solved!
Go to solution
Sorry i am unable to open vi. It is missing the files.
-Can you re upload them including sub vis.
-From the vi what i understand is, if your problem is connecting the mode control, then the data type of mode is numeric in read.vi. The control what you have is Enum type. Which is what conflicting here(that is my guess).
-Please check the data types if it's helpful
http://www.ni.com/gettingstarted/labviewbasics/datastructures.htm
Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 92
(696 Views)

Hello

I am still unable to remove the error. I am sending you all VI's including sub VI's (attached).

so please check and tell how error can be removed?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 92
(690 Views)

In continuing, the other VI's are here.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 92
(689 Views)
I am still not foloowing your problem.Let me give you some hints
-If you make particular input terminal as required in connector pane (it will be shown in Bold type) you must connect that terminal when you are using that sub vi.
-So, you must connect all required terminals.
-If you have made one type def ctl then you can reuse the same instead of creating similar type of control.
-If i understand correctly, Your "GPIB action" in action.vi has four values, whereas the control which you said wanted to connect in read.vi has 6 values.
-Please next time zip all vis and ctls and save each of them in lv12. few of them are in 13 still 😞
Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 92
(681 Views)

Hello,

I am still unable to solve my problem. Now I am sending you zip folder containing all files.(attached)

Please help me.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 92
(673 Views)

Hi ymanglik,

uh-oh...

When creating a ZIP of your VIs you should include all of them...

Did you read any of the advises above?

Did you even go through any of the free online LabVIEW courses?

Things to do with your VIs:

- Remove all unnecessary structures: empty disable structures, empty case structures, empty frames of unneeded sequence structures...

- cleanup your typedefs: it's a NO-GO to create a cluster with unlabelled controls in it!

- Hint: enums should be typedefs. Every enum...

- Use the error cluster. Use it everywhere...

- It doesn't make sense to use a plain GPIBWrite just next to your own GPIB write subVI...

- Using a STOP (or EXIT) function inside a VI is a NO-GO...

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 92
(676 Views)

ok thanks for your suggestion!!!

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 92
(668 Views)
You said you are unable to solve the problem. Did you follow any of suggestions above and corrected it in your latest code?
-As told already repeatedly by me and Gerd now, you are not adding all files together.
-Did you follow the required input terminal concept?? That is the main error you are getting.
-Please follow proper Case names (Your few inputs are in lower and some in other format) in Enum. That is when you get red color for your case names, if it is not in the enum.
-You should connect a value(appropriate) in each case. You cannot leave that.
-Why there are empty cases in your main code and if it is still under development atleast give names to that cases.
Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 92
(661 Views)

Hello..........thanks for your previous suggestion!!!

That problem has been solved but now I am having issue in connecting some string constant to any array. I am sending you the sub VI files please check and give me suggestion to solve this problem.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 92
(633 Views)

Between these four files, data format.vi is the main file and remaining are sub VI. One more file are here.(attached) . so in the main file (data format.vi), string constant should be connect to an array but it is not happening and showing error.

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 92
(632 Views)