LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue converting an ActiveX callout in a javascript to LabVIEW

Hello,

I have a DAC system which can be queried via ActiveX.  The vendor has provided a javascript example which works well, but I am having issues trying to implement the same functionality in LabVIEW.

The script connects to the ActiveX object just fine, using this command:

objPAK = new ActiveXObject("PAK.Application.1");

However, with the "automation open"  vi and trying to browse the ActiveX objects (select Active X Class), there is no "PAK.Application".  I do find PAK, and IPAK listings, but neither of these work.

I tried an ActiveX container on the front panel, and linking the PAK.exe, with no success either (it tries to launch a new copy of PAK, rather than link into the currently running copy).

The vendor provides a bit of information about the object, stating it is late time binding, which is what LabVIEW wants as well.

The PAK.application.1 is clearly registered, since the javascript has no issue operating with it.

Leaving aside my many years long complaint about the incredibly non-standard way LabVIEW accesses ActiveX objects (name me another language that doesn't just use the progid text string), I'd greatly appreciate any advice regarding how to get a valid refernce for this object.

Using LV 2011, 64 bit, Win 7.

Thanks in advance,

Chad

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,239 Views)

Hello Chad,

So if I understand correctly, you're doing something like this:

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,201 Views)

Hello Chad,

So if I understand correctly, you're doing something like this?

ActiveX Forum Post.png

If so could you rename and move PAK.Application to a different location with similar results? Is there another type library you could look in? Also what happens when you try PAK?

Thanks and sorry for the duplicate post.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,194 Views)