From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue Receiving CAN Messages using NI-XNET 14.0 or newer version

The architecture used in our LabVIEW source code was too complicated and proprietry, hence could not share the LV source code, but I have described the issue in detail as below;

1) Initialized a new database cluster using "XNET Database Create (Cluster).vi", and also initialized the baud rate (which was same as the other CAN transmitter, 250Kbps).

2) From the above cluster, a session is created using "XNET Create Session (Frame Input Stream).vi" and the following properties for this interface is initialized,
Interface:Echo Transmit? --> Set to TRUE.
Interface:CAN:Single Shot Transmit? --> Set to TRUE.
Interface:CAN:Pending Transmit Order --> Set "As Submitted"

3) Starts the above mentioned session's communication using "XNET Start.vi"

4) Waits for certain duration to accumulate the messages received on the Interface. (Note: We had other driver which transmitted CAN messages to this Interface)

5) Stops the above mentioned session's communication using "XNET Stop.vi"

6) Reads all the messages from the above session by using "XNET Read (Frame CAN).vi".

When the above sequence was performed using NI-XNET driver version 1.5.1 - the messages were received at step 6.
However, on NI-XNET driver version 14.0 - the messages are not being received at step 6, also I do not get any errors.

Note: When reception of messages (Step 6) was performed in between Start and Stop operation (above, Step 3 and 5), CAN messages are being received in both NI-XNET drivers - 1.5.1 and 14.0 versions.

I went through the change history of NI-XNET driver, nothing seemed to be relative to this problem.

http://download.ni.com/support/softlib//embedded%20networks/NI-XNET/Driver/16.0/readme.htm

Can someone help me to find the change that was made on the XNET driver, which could result in this issue?,

Thanks,

DD

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(2,434 Views)