From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this a bug with "clean up selection" ?

Hi, I found some pretty strange behavior. I'm sure I'm just doing something wrong, but at the very least it can't be something that should happen this easily.

I have a flat sequence at one point in my program. I've noticed that I can be in a state where there are no (compile time, or whatever you call the errors that prevent the program from running) errors, but then I select a bit of my code, do edit->clean up selection, and it breaks code elsewhere in the flat sequence.

Here's an example:

The bit of code I want to clean up, selected (note: no errors at this point):

cleanupbug1.PNG

The code that is gonna be messed up, still before doing anything (no errors):

cleanupbug3.PNG

After clicking clean up selection (with the stuff in the first pic selected), this code gets messed up:

cleanupbug2.PNG

What's the deal? I really don't know, but if I had to guess, it's getting messed up cause stuff gets moved around and it breaks wires or something.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,734 Views)

Hi optoelectro,

show the full VI!

- I guess the block diagram is too big as this is reason coming up the most.

- Or there is an error in the VI itself ("insane") preventing AutoCleanup from working "cleanly"… 😄

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,731 Views)

@GerdW wrote:

Hi optoelectro,

show the full VI!

- I guess the block diagram is too big as this is reason coming up the most.

- Or there is an error in the VI itself ("insane") preventing AutoCleanup from working "cleanly"… 😄

One can cause the other.  😉

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,714 Views)