LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this a bug with "clean up selection" ?

Hi, I found some pretty strange behavior. I'm sure I'm just doing something wrong, but at the very least it can't be something that should happen this easily.

I have a flat sequence at one point in my program. I've noticed that I can be in a state where there are no (compile time, or whatever you call the errors that prevent the program from running) errors, but then I select a bit of my code, do edit->clean up selection, and it breaks code elsewhere in the flat sequence.

Here's an example:

The bit of code I want to clean up, selected (note: no errors at this point):

cleanupbug1.PNG

The code that is gonna be messed up, still before doing anything (no errors):

cleanupbug3.PNG

After clicking clean up selection (with the stuff in the first pic selected), this code gets messed up:

cleanupbug2.PNG

What's the deal? I really don't know, but if I had to guess, it's getting messed up cause stuff gets moved around and it breaks wires or something.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,743 Views)

Hi optoelectro,

show the full VI!

- I guess the block diagram is too big as this is reason coming up the most.

- Or there is an error in the VI itself ("insane") preventing AutoCleanup from working "cleanly"… 😄

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,740 Views)

@GerdW wrote:

Hi optoelectro,

show the full VI!

- I guess the block diagram is too big as this is reason coming up the most.

- Or there is an error in the VI itself ("insane") preventing AutoCleanup from working "cleanly"… 😄

One can cause the other.  😉

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,723 Views)