LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there key navigation for the Revision History window (specifically the ‘OK’ button)?

Solved!
Go to solution

I’ve set up my LV so it prompts me for Revision History comment every time I save a VI.  In previous versions (8.x), I could use something like <CTRL><ENTER> when I was done entering text instead of having to reach for the mouse to click the OK button.  I’m now using 2011.  The old key sequence doesn’t work.  Is there another or is the mouse now my only option?   Thanx

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,098 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mr_Monday

I'm able to tab to the "Add" button to add the history, then press 'Esc' to close the window.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,094 Views)

I kow this is an old question, but I just want to make two comments:

- the "Escape" key is not a natural choice for an "approval" action. It is in fact very much against standard practice. A natural behavior would be that "Escape" leaves the Revision history unchanged, even though you might have poured your heart out in the revision box, and "Enter" does take into account whatever the user typed in (if nothing was typed, nothing is added).

- The "Add" action is unnecessary. Just type in your revision and press "Escape" (again, very uncommon). Don't ask me why, but the revision blurb you just typed in IS now stored in the history.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,047 Views)