cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there anyone? Please help me

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I am going to take my CLD exam on MAY, 2017 or before. I am looking for Coffee machine, Microwave oven, Security system, Thermostat, Treadmill, Vending machine examples.

Does anyone have it?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(5,196 Views)

http://www.ni.com/gate/gb/GB_EKITCLDEXMPRP/US

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(5,171 Views)

What you are asking for goes against NI's terms and service, and against the testing practices.  The exams you are asking for are the actual ones given on the CLD according to the Prep Guide found here.  There it explains the possible tests you will be given, none of which should appear anywhere online, because they are not to leave the room that the exam is performed in.  There are several other similar sample exams posted online you can learn from but the actual exams are not available.  BTW here is some other information about the CLD in the form of a Nugget.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(5,114 Views)

The sample tests included in the link above are pretty good.  I found them to be quite relevant to what I had to do on the real test.  Try them out; post your tries in the certification board so we can help you out!

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(5,094 Views)

As someone mentioned, this goes directly to paperwork you sign when taking your CLD.

That having been said, I would like to point out that since you already have a list of possible tests you could easily practice them without any package.  

I'm (mostly) sure you have used a coffee maker before...  A microwave oven... a vending machine.  You know how these things work.  It wouldn't take much imagination to figure out what they likely will be asking for during the CLD.

Finally, I also think that you are going about this wrong.  This isn't a test you can pass by memorization.  Just make sure you have good documentation and good architecture.  Practice a simple GUI driven state machine... then what you are asked to write doesn't matter.  You will be prepared for anything 🙂

Message 5 of 14
(5,074 Views)

@BowenM wrote:

I'm (mostly) sure you have used a coffee maker before...  A microwave oven... a vending machine.  You know how these things work.  It wouldn't take much imagination to figure out what they likely will be asking for during the CLD.

I think the fact that had used a treadmill the day before taking my CLD exam, may have helped me visualize the tasks and goals, so this is good advice.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(5,056 Views)

@Hooovahh wrote:

@BowenM wrote:

I think the fact that had used a treadmill the day before taking my CLD exam, may have helped me visualize the tasks and goals, so this is good advice.

Treadmill?! What kind of a sick person are you! 😉

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(5,036 Views)

@Yamaeda wrote:

Treadmill?! What kind of a sick person are you! 😉

It was a fad.  My previous employer paid me $3 every time me or my wife went to the gym.  So I figured why not.  They had free daycare for the little one, and it was a nice break.  I'm not what one would call an athelete, I'd much rather be writing LabVIEW than working out.

Message 8 of 14
(5,014 Views)

Mr. BowenM,

Something went to wrong with Subscribe to RSS Feed.

You've given pretty answer. Can you've Microwave oven, Treadmill, Coffee maker machine, Vending Machine questions? (don't want with solution).

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(4,919 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author SabariSaravanan.M

You still do not understand. We are not allowed to share details of the actual exam solutions neither the "questions". I had microwave oven for my CLD, and I signed a paper not to share details of the exam.

Others already told you that you can practice with the available example exam projects. You have to gain an overall LV knowledge, and not to train for specific exam topics! Imagine, if your mathematics teacher would give you the exact questions before exam: that would be a cheating since you have time to prepare for those exact questions! The CLD exam must measure your GENERAL LV project management capability, not how you can prepare and memorise solutions!

Message 10 of 14
(4,907 Views)