From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there an updated solution to the AF Hands-On Exercise%3F

Hi All.  I'm attempting to work through the AF Hands-On exercise found at https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-23893.  I got up to 3.c in the instructions, Testing the Water Level actor.  I don't see the expected results, and noticed that the Water Level Test vi uses the "Lauch Actor" vi, which has been superceded by "Launch Root Actor" and "Launch Nested Actor".  I could not figure out how to use either one in the Water Level Test.

Is there an updated version of the AF Hands-On Exercise using the new VIs, or can someone tell me how to modify the Water Level Test vi to use the new actor launching VIs?

Thanks,

-Jamie

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,515 Views)

Hello Jamie,

Did you check out READ THIS FIRST ? The section "Problems running your AF code in the run time engine? Error 1634?"discusses how  "Launch Root Actor.vi" and "Launch Nested Actor.vi" have an input to open the front panel.

For more information about this specifc example, I recommend joining the AF group (see the image to find the link) and posting within the AF Community. 

join.PNG

Warm Regards,

Josh
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,457 Views)