LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to rotate a control 90 deg?

Another possibility would be to use a very narrow ring that e.g. only shows the first letter until it is clicked. After a new item is selected, you could update the name of the Y scale of the corresponding plot (assuming there is only one plot per graph).

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(983 Views)

hello Ray.R

I just tried soemthing out, as this topic seemed interesting. i placed the ring along the Y scale name and made it transparent. the text color of the ring is set to white.

attached is a vi of what i tried. i am not sure if this would help you.

i actually liked the idea of having a right click menu to select channels. even you have one chart and got it stacked into 4 plots, i think you can have 4 menu items in the run time menu, for Plot 1, Plot 2 etc..

oh i forgot to mention! click on the channel name to select the channels. i would use a combo box than a ring.

Regards
Freelance_LV
TestAutomation Consultant
Message 12 of 14
(967 Views)

Thanks Freelance,

Your solution might do the trick.  I'll let you know how it goes.

RayR

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(929 Views)

Here is a quick mod to show how I handle situations like this (ie. want to fake a context menu and perhaps stop clicks).

Use a transparent picture control to catch clicks.  I left the frame just to help you see it.

Use the Mouse Down? event to change all clicks to right clicks

Use the Shortcut Menu Activation? event to erase the usual menu and insert new items which in this case are the scale names. (I even put the check by the current value).

Use the Shorcut Menu Selection (user) event to do the job of changing the value.

A bit more complex, but a couple of advantages:  First, I see artifacts from the ring text in the current example.  Second I like to put submenus in many cases, you may want to as well if there is some natural grouping.  Finally, if the menu is fixed you can just use a custom menu file which is easy to modify later.

Message 14 of 14
(914 Views)