From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to programmatically get the names of the elements in a Class datatype?

You can easily get the names of the members of a cluster using a property node. Is there any way to do this with a Class datatype?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,737 Views)

If you press ctrl+shift+b to open up the class browser and select the search button you can search classes for lvclass.  This will bring up all of the properties for lvclass.

I was just looking at this yesterday and I want to say there is a property there but I am not sure.

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,721 Views)

The class data definition is a cluster, but it's hidden (on purpose). It is possible to open a reference to it, but it's fairly roundabout and you should be careful with it. I also wouldn't recommend it for anything that's not an edit time tool. You can see some code which does this here - https://lavag.org/topic/10322-cr-lvclass-api/#entry61676

(2,690 Views)