From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to place a button on the front panel that when clicked gives a pop up dialog box with more info in it?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi Everyone,

The simulations that I am creating are very simple themselves but are intended for use in a classroom setting to help students learn more about the theory being demonstrated.  I am hoping to be able to place a "Help" or "more info" button on the front panel so that if a student wants more info about the theory they can click on it and a pop up appears with background info on it.  It should also have a second button to close it and return to the main front panel again.  Can anyone lead me in the right direction?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,225 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jax79

Use an event structure on the main vi that when the button is clicked, launches a "Help" sub vi. Inside the sub vi (with the properties set to load front panel when called of course), use another event structure to wait for the button of the subVI to be clicked so you can return to the main VI. Do you need help with using event structures?

Charles

Charles Chickering
Architecture is art with rules.

...and the rules are more like guidelines
Message 2 of 4
(2,222 Views)

... or use the...

Dialog & User interface >>> Help

functions to hide/show the help window.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,220 Views)