From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to get a status returned from the Set System Image vi

I am building an application that uses the RT system configuration vi's, and I was wondering if there was a way to get an actual progress status feedback from the set system image vi?  

Or some other method of getting actual feedback?  Right now in my application I open a progress bar window but it doesn't mean anything other than telling the user that the system hasn't crashed as it just cycles back and forth.

I know the RTAD has a status feedback, but it is going WAY deeper than needed and there really isn't a simple way that I have found to pull out the "deploy image" stuff requred and drop it in my application.

Thanks,

Eric.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,260 Views)

If you want to add a progress bar, there are a couple of example codes for that:

Progress Bar API for LabVIEW

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-17541

Incorporating the Windows 7 Progress Bar Into LabVIEW

https://decibel.ni.com/content/blogs/labview-examples/2011/07/04/incorporating-the-windows-7-progres...

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,212 Views)

Puchkov, thank you for those links.  However, the progress bar itself really isn't the issue.  I was wondering if there was a way to use the sysconfig library and get a feedback as to the progress of the image deployment that I could use to update the value of the status bar?  Right now I don't have anything to feed to the progress bar.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,205 Views)

I browsed through all the functions in the Real Time - RT Utilities - System Configuration, and there were no functions to get a status of each of those APIs. These VIs are password-protected, therefore there's no way to include the functionality of a progress bar.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,180 Views)

Yeah, that is what I sort of thought.  Kind of a shame.  Maybe I should put that in as a feature request.

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,175 Views)