LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to export DAQmx tasks from MAX for backup reason?

Hello,

is there a way to export a DAQmx task from MAX to a file (e. g. XML), so that I am able to restore the task later in case of a system crash? Is there a config file somewhere on the LabView RT system containing the DAQmx task setup?

Otherwise I would avoid using MAX DAQmx tasks and doing it programmatically via the DAQmx VIs. I could backup the VI or read the channel setup dynamically from an input file...

Message 1 of 4
(4,019 Views)

Yes

Try the export function from MAX under File.

There are 3 types of file format.

But I as a rule do not rely on settings in MAX for my test programs, but control them from within my code.

Omar
Message 2 of 4
(4,015 Views)

You can also do this programatically using the 'MAX Copy Configuration.vi' function.  That said, I tend to avoid defining channels and tasks in MAX.  I prefer to programatically create tasks using settings from an .ini file.  There are pros and cons to both methods and much depends on your application.  The # 1 mistake I've seen with creating tasks in MAX is that programers don't export a backup copy of the MAX configuration to archive with the source code for a project.  Next thing you know something gets corrupted and they've lost their configuration. 

Kudos to you for realizing you needed to backup the task info

Message 3 of 4
(4,006 Views)

If all you are exporting is NI-DAQmx configuration information, then I recommend exporting as a .ini file using File » Export.  This format only holds NI-DAQmx configuration information, but it is also human readible and much easier to troubleshoot if needed than the .nce file.

Seth B.
Principal Test Engineer | National Instruments
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Certified TestStand Architect
Message 4 of 4
(3,996 Views)