From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to export DAQmx tasks from MAX for backup reason?

Hello,

is there a way to export a DAQmx task from MAX to a file (e. g. XML), so that I am able to restore the task later in case of a system crash? Is there a config file somewhere on the LabView RT system containing the DAQmx task setup?

Otherwise I would avoid using MAX DAQmx tasks and doing it programmatically via the DAQmx VIs. I could backup the VI or read the channel setup dynamically from an input file...

Message 1 of 4
(4,013 Views)

Yes

Try the export function from MAX under File.

There are 3 types of file format.

But I as a rule do not rely on settings in MAX for my test programs, but control them from within my code.

Omar
Message 2 of 4
(4,009 Views)

You can also do this programatically using the 'MAX Copy Configuration.vi' function.  That said, I tend to avoid defining channels and tasks in MAX.  I prefer to programatically create tasks using settings from an .ini file.  There are pros and cons to both methods and much depends on your application.  The # 1 mistake I've seen with creating tasks in MAX is that programers don't export a backup copy of the MAX configuration to archive with the source code for a project.  Next thing you know something gets corrupted and they've lost their configuration. 

Kudos to you for realizing you needed to backup the task info

Message 3 of 4
(4,000 Views)

If all you are exporting is NI-DAQmx configuration information, then I recommend exporting as a .ini file using File » Export.  This format only holds NI-DAQmx configuration information, but it is also human readible and much easier to troubleshoot if needed than the .nce file.

Seth B.
Principal Test Engineer | National Instruments
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Certified TestStand Architect
Message 4 of 4
(3,990 Views)