From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to call teststand from Labview

I have an age old mature Labview program that expereinces some test filtering issues.  I want to call Testand to apply this sequence of filtering events which is quite complex and then return the filtered data or info to the Labview program so that it can go onward testing more things.  I do not want to redesign the labview program and rehost the entire thing to teststand.  I would if I had an infinte budget and could but that is out of the question.  Is there a way for labview to call and launch a teststand sequnce and then return from the sequence back to the labview program?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,117 Views)
LabVIEW can certainly run a TestStand sequence as you can see with the shipping examples of the operator interfaces. Could you explain in detail what you mean by filtered data and what you want TestStand to do?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,111 Views)

What I have is a complex acquisition system that has multiple configurations of the device under test.  Each one of these tests has its own workaround nuances that I want to invoke based on its configuration.  If I am testing a servo controller part number xxx, there were factory select at test resistors installed to effect gains.  Later configurations implemented digital servo controls and did away with them but then they have there workarounds alos that are unique to them.  The next generation had a variable freq drive that had its nunances that we need to workaround.

I just like putting these workaround sequeences into teststand because they are partly manual and also need to perform calcualtions on the data that is acquisitioned during testing.  This organizes things for life cycle and confiugures things so that they are easily readable.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,104 Views)
So your plan is to create some TestStand sequences and remove sections of the old LabVIEW code? That seems very doable. I would just call the modified VI in TestStand so that I could debug with the regular sequence editor instead of trying to just use a modified operator interface.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,097 Views)