LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a "signal builder" block in labview

Hi all,

I am new to labview and i have the following question. I have build a vehicle model in simulink in which i have applied different types of road inputs. The inputs have been created with the signal builder block, because some of them are really customised potholes and bumps. I am trying to build the same model with labview simulation module. Is there a similar block in order to create my input and if not, do you have any idea how is this possible. I also tried to translate my model into labview but the build the translator was not able to translate the build signal blocks.

Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(4,915 Views)
Opening the function menu, and selecting "Signal Processing" then "Wfm Generation" will give you a number of different options for creating a signal/roadsurface.  By choosing a number of different component signals (with proper amplitudes, frequencies, and phase shifts) and adding them, you would generate a composite signal. 

If you wanted, you could wire up 3 different Wfm Generation types, and set the inputs to them to be controls, and have the composite graphed in a loop, that way you could tell if it "looked" right or not.

Alternatively, you could just read in whatever signals you have already generated in Matlab, instead of replicating the work.  Just save them to a .txt file in Matlab, and read those puppies in as you need them in LV.

You have a bunch of options, best of luck,
~milq
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(4,905 Views)
Thanks for the quick reply. I will try an combine some signals to achieve the output. Can i use the simulate arbitrary block? Because i already know the coordinates of my signal. I tried this method by sketching my signal but i don't receive an output.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(4,900 Views)
If you know the coordinates then that sounds like a useful block.  There are a number of useful examples in the example finder:

Try Analyzing Processing Signals => Signal and Noise Generation => Function Waveform Generation.

That gives a pretty good basis for what the loop around the block should look like (if that is part of your issue).  Also, starting from that example, it would be pretty easy to copy and paste the guts of that loop, and add a few component signals together.

It sounds like you are pretty much good to go.

Best,
~milq
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(4,891 Views)
Hi and thanks again for your help,

I am trying to build this signal (attached jpeg) which represents a pothole on a road. I want to see the response of my vehicle's suspension system when it falls in the pothole, so i want the signal once not as a wave. In simulink i used build signal block and i manage to create it. I do not know how to do it on labview, because it is my first time.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(4,873 Views)

Hi,

If you are using the Simulation Module, you can actually do the profile easily by combining the Lookup Table block with the Simulation Time. See the VI and picture attached.

Barp

LabVIEW R&D - Control Design and Simulation Group - National Instruments

Barp - Control, Simulation, RTT and HIL - National Instruments
Download All
Message 6 of 10
(4,856 Views)
Thanks very much for your help. I can see from the picture that my case is solved, but the vi file is for 8.2 labview version and i am using 8.0. So can you please attach an 8.0 version's file? Thanks again.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(4,840 Views)

honaxl,

In attachment you can find the file in 8.0.

Hope this helps!

Barp - Control, Simulation, RTT and HIL - National Instruments
Message 8 of 10
(4,811 Views)
Thank you very much.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(4,804 Views)

Helo Sir,

I have also the same problem , i want a step function with different amplitudes  , i tried the given VI but i couldnt get it. i need a waveform like one attached , the function need to sudden decrease that is the problem. can u help me please ..

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,988 Views)