LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a method in labviewto dynamically save and change the monitor resolution under program control?

Is there a method in labview to dynamically save and change the monitor resolution under program control? I have another application that runs on another monitor. I would like to change the monitor resoultion to 640x480 on program startup, and then restore the monitor resolution back to the user's settings on exit. Can this be done?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,210 Views)

Hi joshi,

as this is not a LabVIEW method, but a setting of the underlying OS, you have to call the corresponding OS routines to change monitor resolution. Please read the manuals for your OS...

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,196 Views)

@vaidehi_joshi wrote:

Is there a method in labview to dynamically save and change the monitor resolution under program control? I have another application that runs on another monitor. I would like to change the monitor resoultion to 640x480 on program startup, and then restore the monitor resolution back to the user's settings on exit. Can this be done?

Have you already done this manually?  I've seen Labview scale front panels very strangely when changing resolutions...

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,188 Views)

If you're using MS Windows, yes, you can do it with Windows API.

Not sure about other OS.

George Zou
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,156 Views)