cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a bigger time wasting error...

Solved!
Go to solution

BEGIN RANT

than "Deployment completed with errors".  This hateful error has popped up repeatedly in a project that I have been working on for the past year, sometimes disappearing with a reboot of LabVIEW or the remote system, sometimes when I disable bits and pieces of code, but there is never any consistency.  And the best part is that there is absolutely no information that you can garner from this ridiculously vague message. So I can spend hours trying to figure out why code that compiles does not run. ARGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!

END RANT

And now, please feel free to return to your work.  Thank You.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,564 Views)

I hear you. I hear you loud and clear.  I suffer from the same problems.

I have found recently that a total recompile (Ctrl-Run arrow) followed by a "Save All" helps things along wquite nicely.  Especially the save stage is way faster this way than simply deploying and saving 20+ times until the deploy finally crashes and burns.  Direct Save : 10 Seconds.  Deploy & save along the way : 3 Minutes or more.

I'm hoping someone somewhere can reproduce this issue for NI to investigate because I have failed in doing so.  It's my number 1 annoyance with LabVIEW at the moment.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,560 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author cirrusio

OK....sooooo I think that I accidentally happened upon the answer to this at a meeting today when discussing version control and separating compiled code.  Apparently (and this is consistent with some of my observations), when you separate compiled code (as you should if using version control) you can develop some kind of problem in the deployment as everything has to be compiled (?).  The way to fix this is to clear out the object cache (Tools>>Advanced>>Clear Object Cache).  And if this doesn't work through LabVIEW, then shut LV down, go to My Documents >> LabVIEW Data >> VIObjectCache and manually delete the cache.  

Now, all I have to do is to remember this...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,483 Views)