LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a LabView library for MKS type 1258A controller mass flow ?

I have only found library for 647C and MKSMassFloViaRS-485 . Is it possible to work for the 1258A?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,930 Views)

Hello SVP1, 

Here are the MKS drivers we have:

ni.com: "mks" - 3rd Party Drivers
http://search.ni.com/nisearch/app/main/p/bot/no/ap/tech/lang/en/pg/1/sn/ssnav:idr/q/mks/

I am sorry to say we do not have one for your device. 

What you could do is contact the manufacturer to see if one of the drivers we do have also works with your device.  Sometimes this happens with very similar devices, but is not supported by National Instruments.

Regards. 

Ernesto

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,889 Views)

1258 is a flow meter with a 0-5v linear output.  Cal gas and range on serial tag.  There is a variable solenoid valve attached to the output of the meter that needs to be driven by a pid loop providing a 0-100ma signal(coil is 100 ohms)    647 will not provide a control loop.  Also, cannot control its position via a fixed current other than to force the valve wide open with 100ma. Can also open valve manually by 1-2 turns ccw on the orifice screw on bottom of valve body.  

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,764 Views)

I am a bit confused about the 1258a. Is it a flow meter or flow controller? Can I control sccms with 1258a ?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,529 Views)

1258 is a flow meter with a control valve attached on the output side.  The valve is intended to be controlled by an external pid control loop.

It is very old technology and very rare to find in any systm

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,523 Views)