From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the FPGA compilation time going WAY up for any other people after the latest update?

I got the NI Updater notification that there was a handful of new updates a few days ago, and installed them- one of which was a LabVIEW FPGA patch of some kind. After opening my FPGA code, I got the asterisk notifying that my code was changed (which it wasn't, but I think the update triggered some flag). Before the update, my code would compile in roughly 35-45 minutes. Today I'm sitting at just over 2 hours, and it's still stuck on "Placing and routing". I'm using "Minimum compilation time" as my design strategy, too.

Anyone else seeing this issue?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,245 Views)

Can you give some more information?  What version of LabVIEW? and What version of FPGA toolkit is installed now?  The latest release was for 2013 SP1 which came out a few weeks ago so that could be what you are talking about but I usually ignore updates for so long I just wanted to make sure this is what you are talking about.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,240 Views)

Is it possible this is the same issue reported by users in this thread?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,228 Views)

I'm running 2013 SP1, FPGA 13.0.1. I only recently installed the update, as I too don't look at the update notification very often. I was getting a few minor errors here and there and was hoping for a few bugfixes, but honestly I couldn't find the changelogs... so whatever. Does that help answer your question?

Also, my previous compilation attempt just finished at about 2.5 hours, unsuccessfully. I missed a few timing targets by a few nanoseconds- most of which were "non-diagram components". Again, this code has compiled just fine many times in the past, so who knows what's going on here!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,217 Views)

If you are using a CLIP then any part of that which is not actively being used will be discarded during compilation.  Even a single node of a CLIP can lead to huge changes in compilation results depending on how the CLIP is programmed.

So has your code changed AT ALL since you could successfully compile?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,183 Views)