From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to specify the cells you want to export data to in excel?

I have a VI that creates a (5,3) array of data that I then output into an excel template.  However it simply outputs the (5,3) array.  I know i can change where the first cell is put in but is there a way to one simply direct each data point into a specific cell or two tell labview to ouput to a seperate sheet?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,315 Views)

How  are you currently putting this into excel? (report generation tool kit, Active X, etc...)

Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,309 Views)

report generation tool kit

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,305 Views)

report generation tool kit

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,305 Views)

The basic answer to this is no, because the RGT is just some wrapper VIs around the ActiveX interface for Excel, and that interface doesn't let you do this. You can select a sheet and make it the active one, but to place values into different ranges you have to write the ranges separately. Thus, if you wanted row 1 to go on sheet 1, row 2 to go on sheet 2, etc, then you have to perform these as separate writes. There is no "map" that you can specify to say where you want things to go.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,292 Views)