LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to reorder pages in a tab control programtically?

Hi,

I have a GUI that installs on two different orientation machines (left to right product flow and right to left product flow). The GUI has a Tab control with 3 pages, the page order matches the physical order of the machine modules. How can I change the Page order programmatically to match the machine orientation without maintaining to separate Vi's? using sub panels is not an option at this point.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,426 Views)

Is this what you want?

Page 1.png     

Page 3.png

One way is to hide the tabs and use a customized radio button for the tab part.  See this thread where I showed an example. Then you could use property nodes to change the boolean text or show/hide two radio button controls to get the effect you want.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,420 Views)

Using an index lookup list is simple enough to connect to selector buttons but the trick is to overlay them so the tab control looks natural. In the attached VI, the tab (as indicator) with content is transparent with its tabs turned off and lays atop the one with the tabs (no content on any of its tabs) and both controls are identical in size.

The working part of the code could be off-loaded into a support VI that accepts references for the the two tab conrols. This was pretty quick to layout.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,408 Views)

RATS!  I should have looked at the help...

rats.png

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,380 Views)

Thanks for everyone’s help. Although not my favorite, but I’ll use the hidden tabs/radio buttons technique.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,358 Views)