LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to programmatically save all?

Solved!
Go to solution

Actually, thanks to Darren N, he made me aware of some private methods. I won't go into how to activating these, as advanced users can figure it out and new users probably shouldn't use them...

Anyways, he made me aware of a method that *may* do the trick, and when I tried it, it did. There is a private method for the project called "Save specified dirty items". This method takes an "items" array as an input. So, into that I fed in the project's descendent's references and it seems to do a smart save, only saving the dirty VIs. Very quick.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 12
(521 Views)

@GregFreeman wrote:

Actually, thanks to Darren N, he made me aware of some private methods. I won't go into how to activating these, as advanced users can figure it out and new users probably shouldn't use them...

Anyways, he made me aware of a method that *may* do the trick, and when I tried it, it did. There is a private method for the project called "Save specified dirty items". This method takes an "items" array as an input. So, into that I fed in the project's descendent's references and it seems to do a smart save, only saving the dirty VIs. Very quick.

Any more info available on these "private" dirty dot methods?  I'm writing a project provider and i'm trying to save project items as well before closing them.  

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 12
(477 Views)