LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to measure LUMINNOSITY(cd/m2) with CCD camera

If it isn't possible by hardware measurement, could I use some convert method (RGB, CIEXYZ, Gray level) to find it?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(5,470 Views)
What is your application? You can extract the luminance plane alone from an RGB image and converrt it into a grey scale
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(5,453 Views)

My application is using a CCD camera to measure the luminance from an area of a background lighting board, that you mean it is possible to measure it? Could Labview do this function?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(5,446 Views)
I dont think so it is directly possible. Did you try histogram?
Message Edited by muks on 08-22-2009 07:01 PM
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(5,439 Views)

What's the type of your CCD camera? We use the PIACTON PIXIS to do spectra measurement with the photosphere.

so if you have the spectrum data, you can use the spectrum analyser to calculate the lumen and color point.

see attached.

ronke@163.com

帖子被ronke在 08-23-2009 05:59 AM
时编辑过了
Download All
Message 5 of 14
(5,422 Views)
Hi Yip, I think you could not directly get the luminance value from this method, but you may get the relative luminance information from an image aquired by CCD.
Message 6 of 14
(5,383 Views)

Hi Yip, I think you could not directly get the luminance value from this method, but you may get the relative luminance information from an image aquired by CCD.

Yes direct luminance is not possible as I had said earlier too. But If you can tell your application We can suggest you on how labview can do it

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(5,373 Views)

I drew my application, The snap application I have solved, but how can I extract the lumination data by labView?

And my camera is Prosilica EC650C.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(5,348 Views)

Any suggestion?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(5,289 Views)

If your image is a color image, then IMAQ ExtractSingleColorPlane.vi may help you extract Luminance information.

ScreenHunter_01 Aug. 26 10.15.jpg

If the image is monochromatic, then the image could be regarded as a 2-D array and the elements represent the luminance distribution in the area. You can use the IMAQ imageToArray VI to get the pixel array from an image.

ScreenHunter_02 Aug. 26 11.02.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(5,282 Views)