From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to measure LUMINNOSITY(cd/m2) with CCD camera

Could i take the cd/m2 value from IMAQ ExtractSingleColorPlane.vi? Because it has a I/O output, it will be better to understand  if you could make a example. Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(1,030 Views)

This item seem just extract the gray level of image, not cd/m2

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(1,025 Views)
push~
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(1,000 Views)

Well, color measurement or light measurement needs some calibration method to be able to deliver a good value. I haven't done light measurements yet but for absolute color measurement we use an IT8 master that gets scanned and analyzed and after that we calculate a 9*9 color calibration matrix that gets subsequently applied to all other images to get a fairly well calibrated color measurement. 

This calibration step needs to be done before every single run of measurements to guarantee that variations caused by setup alterations, component aging (lamp, scanner, camera, etc) are compensated.

I'm sure you could come up with a similar solution for light measurement but you will have to research that and spend some real time. Color analysis and light measurement is a highly tricky business, and good solutions are paid with real bucks, so expecting someone to give you a more or less ready made solution here is not likely successful. Those who know the solution are selling such devices and the others can just give you some hints in what direction to look.

Rolf Kalbermatter

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
Message 14 of 14
(993 Views)